Learning a language is a way to understand our globalised world and expand cultural horizons. Cinema and film offer the perfect medium for an enjoyable language learning experience.
Reasons to attend films at the Alliance Française French Film Festival 2018:
- French-language study guides will be available to download free of charge for Belle & Sebastian: Friends for Life and Orchestra Class (see below for previous years). The study guides have been conceived by French teachers of the Alliance Française network in New Zealand, supported by ILEP.
- Exposes students to French language in context and real-life conversations, and increases their ability to cope with accents.
- Provokes discussion, assisting students to develop critical thinking and language skills. Foreign film is a powerful catalyst to facilitate discussions, to teach international events, global finance, cross-cultural affairs and multi-disciplinary subjects.
- Offers diverse cultural experiences through a wide range of films and genres.
- Ensures learning is enjoyable, and extended outside the classroom.
- Creates immediate and culturally relevant context for French language study in New Zealand, linking schools and universities with the wider community.